Friday, September 30, 2011

Petticoat In Action


Blurry!

I wore the petticoat out to the NorCal Renaissance Faire last weekend and really liked the look it gave to my skirt (compared to just wearing a corded petticoat).

However, I found that by the end of the day my back was killing me!
I'm not sure whether the petticoat was too heavy or if the waist ties just didn't provide the proper support (they did become a bit loose as the day went on).
Granted, it could also have been the fact that I was breaking in a new corset or perhaps the massive pocket I was wearing...which between a phone, camera, wallet and lip balm was maybe a tad over-burdened.

Aesthetically I loved it, but I'll have to wear it a few more times to see if the weight is a problem. The construction technique is sound, but the fabric choice my not have been a clever one...

No comments:

Post a Comment